18th EditionOnline Course
Level 3 Award in the Requirements for Electrical Installations BS 7671: 2018
Online 18th Edition Course – Available NOW!
This 18th edition wiring regulations course has been developed with the aim of enabling the candidate to demonstrate that they are conversant with the IET Wiring Regulations BS 7671:2018.
This is a convenient, cost effective online alternative to face to face classroom training:
- Accessed via the internet from your home or workplace
- Flexible delivery – available at a time and place to suit you
- Arranged into short bite-sized interactive e-learning modules
- Includes revision practice test to ensure you are ready for the exam
- Final examination taken at an approved test centre
* The current approved test centres across the UK are – Aberdeen, Basildon, Birmingham, Bracknell & Wokingham, Bradford, Brigg, Bristol, Burgess Hill, Bury St Edmunds, Cardiff, Chesterfield, Cumbria, Dudley, Edenbridge (Kent), Exeter, Glasgow, Gloucester, Hastings, Harlow, Liverpool, Luton, London (Aldgate East, Barking, Camberwell, East Ham, Finchley, Isleworth, Northolt, Watford), Manchester, Newcastle, Neath (Port Talbot), Northampton, Nottingham, Peterborough, Plymouth, Portsmouth, Sheffield, Stockton, Stoke-on-Trent, Welwyn Garden City, West Bromwich.
This 18th Edition Online Course Includes:
- Online e-learning course (login emailed on completion of online sales purchase)
- Online Revision Test (automatically enabled on completion of course)
- In Centre Examination (on successful Revision Test pass, you will be able to print off a record of learning to take to an approved test centre to sit your 2 hour accredited examination)
Total cost of the online 18th Edition course is £240 + VAT, which includes the exam.
Assessment centres are available at the following locations:
Aberdeen, Basildon, Birmingham, Bracknell & Wokingham, Bradford, Brigg, Bristol, Burgess Hill, Bury St Edmunds, Cardiff, Chesterfield, Cumbria, Dudley, Edenbridge (Kent), Exeter, Glasgow, Gloucester, Hastings, Harlow, Liverpool, Luton, London (Aldgate East, Barking, Camberwell, East Ham, Finchley, Isleworth, Northolt, Watford), Manchester, Newcastle, Neath (Port Talbot), Northampton, Nottingham, Peterborough, Plymouth, Portsmouth, Sheffield, Stockton, Stoke-on-Trent, Welwyn Garden City, West Bromwich.
18th Edition Online Course Lesson Plan:
TBC, but expected updates include – Protection against electric shock, Protection against thermal effects, Protection against electromagnetic disturbances and voltage disturbance, Selection and erection of wiring systems, plus a brand new section covering Energy Efficiency.
This unit will be assessed by a multiple choice online test covering the underpinning knowledge relating to the content and application of BS 7671. This must be taken at an accredited test centre. The cost of this test is included in the course fee.
Approximately 20 hours. It is estimated that this module will take approximately 20 hours to complete (depending on learning speed). As an e-learning module you can complete this training in convenient stages and revisit whenever you wish. The system will record your progress throughout.
This qualification is primarily aimed at practicing electricians with relevant experience and other allied professionals e.g. electrical engineers, contracts managers, designers, consultants, surveyors, and other related trades needing to update and enhance their understanding of IET Wiring Regulations.
It may also be suitable for anyone requiring an understanding of BS 7671, although prior knowledge in basic electrical science will be required. It is intended to ensure that on completion individuals are conversant with the format, content and the application of the Requirements for Electrical Installations BS 7671: 2018 (18th edition).
There are no formal entry requirements for candidates undertaking this qualification. However, centres must ensure that candidates have the potential and opportunity to successfully gain the qualification. It is expected that candidates will have basic knowledge of electrical science.
The total cost of the online 18th Edition course is £240 + VAT, which includes the exam.
This cost is for a single user only.
How It Works
This is a general guide to how the system works. If you have a specific question or concern please contact us directly?
This is an online course, all the training will be taken through your browser window. There will be no face-to-face sessions with instructors. If you wish you may print out any page of the training material and may also print the notes you took during the training.
You can also revisit the training material at any time, even after you have completed the course. If you need a set of regulations the 18th Edition Standard Manual can be purchased separately.
The material for this course has been broken down into several smaller lessons, each lesson dealing with a specific area of the overall subject.
The lesson consists of a series of pages in which an instructor will talk you through the lesson material at a pace that suits you. Pages may also include supporting pictures, graphs, animation or extra sounds to help with the learning where appropriate. Some lessons will include challenges / quizzes to help you keep in touch and interested in the material.
Lessons can be taken in any order and each lesson may be PAUSED and RESUMED at any stage. When all lessons in the course have been completed you will be able to take (and retake) an online revision test.
The course is self-paced so you decide how fast or slow the training goes. You can complete the course in stages revisiting the training at any time.
To gain your 18th Edition certification, you must take an examination at an approved test centre. The examination fee is included in the price of this course, so there’s nothing extra to pay.
JUST £240 + VAT – INC EXAM
Book Your 18th Edition Course Now For Just £240 + VAT
Or Reserve Your Place Now For Just £100 + VAT